Me and my sister went to Amsterdam last year on September, to visit my aunt who married to Dutch guy, and I stayed at their place for 1 month. Here is the list of famous dutch food that i love and you must try if you happen to visit Amsterdam some day. ( actually there is so much more list of delicious dutch food )
1. Herring is a small fish that is very popular among Dutch people.
The herring has been frozen and then laid in salt for a couple days to ripen the fish (soused herring). So, it is not raw herring. I don’t really like to eat fish so I didn’t give a try but my sister did. Not my favourite dutch food, but I guess I need to show this because it is one of Dutch traditional food.
2. Bitterballen (breaded meatballs), I love this because of its cheezy and creamy taste.
3. Kibbeling (chunks of battered fish), and dip into creamy mayo, damn so good ! ohhhhhh.
6. A stroopwafel is a waffle made from two thin layers of baked dough with a caramel-like syrup..sweettooth.
7. Stamppot (English: Mash pot) is a traditional Dutch dish made from a combination of potatoes mashed with one or several other vegetables. My aunt always made this for dinner, yummy yummy! That’s me, enjoying my stammpot!
Dutch food and I got along very well..I gained 10kg in only a month ( hahaha ).
That’s all for now, I’ll write again in another blog. I fell in love with Amsterdam, so laid-back, so beautiful, so clean and a very friendly and polite Dutch people. I’ll visit you again, that’s for sure.